Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lake Sammamish Triathlon!



Hey Guys!.. its katie, the guest blogger for now (actually im doing this blog without permission.. i wanted to get it done before my mom put up any too many embarrassing pictures haha!). Early this morning (4 am!!) my dad, my cousin Cera Edgley, and I drove to the Lake Sammamish State Park for the race. Cera is experienced in triathlons and other races, so she helped show me the ropes. It was a 400 meter lake swim, 14 mile bike ride along the lake, and a 3.2 mile trail run. It was such a great experience, beautiful scenery, and lots of sweating. Probably one of the best "beginner" triathlons in the Puget Sound area. Here are some pictures my dad took of us during the race..


setting up at the bike rack!

cera finishing her swim, wooo!

just finishing my swim ahead of my entire heat!!

cera making the last turn on the hard bike course..

just getting started on my bike... (yes, it is a mountain bike. next time i'm using a road bike)


we finished together! haha-- just kidding. cera finished a good half hour before me and then she came and met me during the run so we could come in together for my finish.


final words: first, thank you CERA for getting me into the triathlon, it was great! second, i am a triathlete!! one check off the bucket list. im ready for some more duathlons and aquathons, but first i need more training; i mean, 75 yr olds were passing me, that should be enough motivation. so bring it on!! :)

2 comments:

  1. thats awesome!!! How fun. You look great, I mean seriously, is that a smile I see on you almost to the finish line? Wish I could've been there to do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will second the "That's awesome!" Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete